2023 was a year straight out of Rangers fans’ dreams which saw Texas bring home their first ever World Championship.
You may be wondering how 2024 could top the magic of 23 but there is still plenty for the Rangers and their fans to look forward to this upcoming season.
Now that the new year is officially here, let’s look at 24 things Rangers fans have to look forward to in 2024.
1. Another year of Marcus Semien and Corey Seager – The best middle infield in baseball is ready to run it back for year three of their respective 7 and 10-year contracts. Last season, Semien and Seager were two of the best players in all of baseball and they will be right there again in 2024.
2. A full season of Evan Carter – Evan Carter tore up the postseason slugging at a ridiculous .500 clip while batting out of the three-hole for most of it. 2024 will be Carter’s rookie season and he will be amongst the front runners for AL Rookie of the Year.
3. The defense of a title – No MLB team has gone back to back since the New York Yankees won three championships in a row from 1998-2000. The Rangers will open the season as one of the MLB’s title favorites in what will be an exciting season of title defense.
4. Those sick championship gold jerseys – The trend of the past year’s reigning champs wearing special gold jerseys on Opening Day dates more than a century than the New York Giants won in 1905. Although nothing has been confirmed yet, the Rangers should see some gold uniforms heading their way to open 2024.
5. The raising of a banner – March 28th, 2024 will be a special day for Rangers fans who will watch a World Championship banner rise in DFW for the first time.
6. Another year of air-conditioned baseball – I know it’s been more than 4 years since Globe Life Field opened but we can always appreciate not having to sit in the 100+ degree North Texas summers to watch baseball games.
7. More Powder Blue Sundays – Let’s be honest, Powder Blue Sundays are the best. From the sick look on the field to the 1:35 start times, it’s hard to beat a Sunday afternoon at a Ranger Game.
8. The mid-season rotation line change – Sometime in the summer the Rangers will get a huge boost with Jacob deGrom, Max Scherzer, and new signee Tyler Mahle all returning from injury. What Texas will do until then remains to be seen but the Rangers will get a huge shot in the arm this summer.
9. Josh Jung’s Sophomore Season – In his rookie year, Josh Jung was more than the Rangers could have asked for or imagined. Jung slashed .266/.315./467 with 23 home runs and 70 RBI while playing phenomenal defense at 3rd base all year long.
10. Wyatt Langford – When a guy who played college baseball and also hits .360 with a 1.157 OPS in the minor leagues during the same calendar year, you get excited. No matter which level he is at, a full season of Wyatt Langford in 2024 will be exciting.
11. A potential Owen White breakout – Sticking with the farm, Owen White a Rangers prospect who could potentially have a breakout season in 2024. White saw limited big-league experience in 2023 but with the Rangers rotation as thin as it is, farm hands like White could have a chance to make an impact in 2024.
12. More City Connect Weekends – When the Rangers unveiled their City Connect uniforms in April, they seemed to get mixed reviews. However, as the season went on, the uniforms gained popularity across the metroplex even forcing the team to wear them for Saturday home games in addition to Fridays.
13. 2024 MLB All-Star Week – For the first time since the mid-90s DFW will host MLB All-Star Week. The Home Run Derby and the All-Star Game at Globe Life Field will be a must-see event for everyone in the metroplex.
13. – Another season of Bruce Bochy masterpieces – Winning a World Championship with the Rangers only feather cemented Bruce Bochy’s legacy as one of the greatest managers in MLB history. Bochy will be back behind the Rangers dugout in 2024 looking to win back-to-back championships for the first time in his career.
14. The Rangers/Astros rivalry – After 13 regular season games and 7 thrilling playoff games which resulted in a Rangers pennant, the Silver Boot series is at an all-time high. With both teams shaping up to be competitive in 2024, the series has the potential to be one of the best we’ve ever seen.
15. How the Rangers will fill out the rest of their bullpen – The not-so-good Rangers bullpen will look a whole lot different in 2024 after Will Smith, Chris Stratton, and potentially Aroldis Chapman all heading to new teams. We’ve already seen the Rangers add Kerby Yates and they will continue to use the free-agent market to try and turn around their pen which struggled in 2023.
16. A World Champion Fan Fest – 2024 Texas Rangers Fan Fest will take place on Saturday, January 27th from 9 AM to 4 PM at Globe Life Field. This year’s Fan Fest will be a little bit different because the Rangers are World Champs which always results in more fun.
17. Jack Leiter and Cole Winn’s make-or-break year – Jack Leiter and Cole Winn were supposed to be impact players for the Texas Rangers right now and that has not happened. Both guys could have opportunities with the Rangers’ current thin rotation but will have to make the most of them now or their days could be numbered
18. Another year of El Bombi – Every Ranger fan remembers where they were when they heard the words “And the legend grows, Adolis Garcia wins Game 1”. El Bombi is back for his 3rd season in Arlington and Ranger fans are in for a treat.
19. More National Exposure – Winning the World Series and being a top team in baseball means more national TV games and national exposure which the Texas Rangers will certainly get in 2024.
20. 2024 Theme Nights – The 2024 Texas Rangers theme night schedule includes lots of fire giveaways and fun theme nights. From City Connect jerseys to Josh Jung and Adolis Garcia bobbleheads the 2024 themes are looking to be a hit.
21, Adrian Beltre’s Hall of Fame Induction – Adrian Beltre will almost certainly be a first-ballot Hall of Famer when results come out on January 24th. There is also a super high chance that Beltre goes into the hall as a Texas Ranger where he will join Nolan Ryan, and Pudge Rodriguez as players to go into the hall as Rangers.
22. Texas Ballpark Food – From Brisket Mac and Cheese to the Pizza Dog and the boomstick I think I speak for all Rangers fans in saying that we all miss ballpark food. Only a few more months until delicious eats at Globe Life Field are back.
23. Players returning for their rings – Mitch Garver (Seattle), Martin Perez (Pittsburgh), Chris Stratton, and Will Smith (Kansas City) will all get their 2023 World Series Rings when their respective teams come to Globe Life Field. These moments are always great for the players and fans.
24. Baseball Time in Texas – Soon, winter will turn to spring and it will be baseball time in Texas again.