As the first week of minor league baseball comes to an end, let’s look at the top performers at each level.
Down East Wood Ducks (Low-A) // 6-0
- OF Evan Carter: The Rangers second-round pick from 2020 and most talked-about prospect coming into the season, is living up to the hype so far. In the first week.
- Ave: .389 OBP: .577 OPS: 1.132
- SS Luisangel Acuna: The younger brother of Ronald Acuna Jr, the 19-year-old also got off to a pretty good start.
- Ave: .273 OBP: .370 OPS: .916 with 1 HR
- RHP Tekoah Roby: 2020 3rd round pick started one game and went 2.1 innings with 3 K’s and 0.00 ERA
- RHP Mason Englert: 2018 4th round pick makes his first pro start since being drafted. He went 3 innings with 5K’s and 0.00 ERA.
Hickory Crawdads (High-A) // 3-3
- 1B Blaine Crim: Crim was a 19th round pick out of Mississippi College in 2019. He was the Northwest League MVP in 2019. He continues to impress with his start this year.
- Ave: .364 OBP: .462 OPS: 1.280 with 3 HR’s
- C David Garcia: Garcia was added to the 40 man roster this winter in a surprise move. The 21-year-old had a good first week to the season.
- Ave: .267 OBS: .353 OPS: .820 with a HR
- LHP Avery Weems: Part of the Lance Lynn trade, Weems made one start and went 2 innings with 3 K’s and a 0.00 ERA.
Frisco RoughRiders (AA) // (4-2)
- SS Davis Wendzel: the 41st pick in the 2019 draft, this is Wendzel’s first full season in pro ball. His first week wasn’t bad.
- Ave: .333 OBS: .577 OPS: 1.310 with 2 HR’s
- IF Ryan Dorow: Amazingly enough I just wrote a story about Dorow this last week. He had a week that made me look good.
- Ave: .389 OBS: .409 OPS: 1.028 with a HR
- RHP Tim Brennan: The 2018 7th round pick started two games and went 5.1 innings with a 0.00 ERA.
Round Rock Express (AAA) // 4-0
- LF Jason Martin: The minor league free agent had a good spring and seems to have carried that over.
- Ave: .400 OBP: .500 OPS: 1.500 with 2 HR’s
- 1B Curtis Terry: The 24-year-old Terry may be the fastest rising prospect in the organization. He has jumped over other first baseman in the system and started in AAA.
- Ave: .375 OBP: .412 OPS: 1.412 with 3 HR’s in four games.
- LHP Wes Benjamin: Wes started the season in Arlington but was demoted before the minor league season started. He started one game in Round Rock and threw 5 innings with 8 K’s and an 0.00 ERA.
Featured Image: ---