Christmas is only a few days away and the Rangers are right in the middle of a rebuild. It felt appropriate to disclose the letter that Rangers General Manager Jon Daniels wrote to Santa.
I guess you are wondering how this delicate letter became public. The answer lies in your imagination. (Or better yet mine) Here it goes…
Unlike last year, I am praying that I have made the nice list. I have made a conscious decision to be bold, since you can’t get what you want for Christmas if you don’t at least ask. To fulfill my list would mean overtime for the elves. Especially since some of my list would require damn near a miracle. Ooops!……….Sorry, I mean almost a miracle. If I am being totally honest, the Rangers can’t cover the extra cost to you because of budget restraints. But I am hoping that you love the team as much as our fans. I also hope that most of our players are on the nice list also.
- I would like for Woody to win AL Manager of the year. (My guess is, you know where the rest of this list is going if that is the first one.)
- I would like for Joey Gallo to hit .250 and have an OBP of over .400. AND walk more than he K’s. (Yeah I know, you need to get the elves started)
- I would like for Roughie to hit .300 along with the rest of Gallo’s wish.
- I would like Joe Palumbo to make the opening day rotation and have a ERA below 4.
- I would like for Lance Lynn to win 15 games and pitch over 180 innings.
- I would like for Delino Deshields to be our everyday leadoff hitter and have OBP over .400.
- I would like for Scott Heineman to make the opening day roster and hit .280 with 15 HR’s as the fourth outfielder.
- I would like for Edison Volquez and Drew Smyly to each make 20 starts and win at least 10 games.
- I would like for Jurikson Profar and Elvis Andrus to make the All Star team.
- I would like for Ronald Guzman to win a Gold Glove and hit 20 HR’s.
- I would like for ANYONE to think the missing piece to their team is Shin-Soo Choo.
- I would like for Willie Calhoun to get 400 AB’s at DH.
- I would like for Nomar Mazara to win the AL MVP.
- I would like Isaiah Kiner-Falefa to catch at least 50 games.
- I would like for Jeff Mathis to hit at least .210. (I know, that may be asking way too much)
- I would like for Mike Minor to win the AL Cy Young.
- I would like for Jose Leclerc to save 50 games.
- I would like Patrick Wisdom to get 400 AB’s at 3B, 1B and DH and hit 25 HR’s.
- I would like the Rangers to win the AL West.
- I would like the Rangers to win the World Series. (Being bold)
If you could get me half of this list I would be fine. UNLESS!!!!! You get me number 20! Then you can forget all the rest. (Although it would take all 19 to get #20)
Well there you have it. The Rangers wish list from Santa.
In all seriousness, the holidays can be tough for some of you out there. Know this. Everyone from Dallas Sports Nation wishes you the Happiest of Holidays and a Blessed New Year. If you are feeling low, reach out to anyone or message someone. (Including me personally).
Featured Image: Danbury Mint